Skip to main content

Why I named this blog as Biotech on & off?

Yes, this blog is about Biotechnology, as you can understand from the title. But I knew this blog could turn into completely anything else, so I added the on & off. That is the short explanation.

The long one:
I love biotechnology, I am studying biotechnology and I hope it will help much more than what it does now to people. But I also love bioinformatics, and other related fields. Well, they don't need to be related to get me interested in, so I like to keep myself up to date in several fields.

I am driving my career towards bioinformatics, and I have a few pieces of code that I would like to share here, some of them are already in my github account. Or I will post some thoughts about the news I have read. The post will not be always nice, but I hope that they will be always full of good content.

I also speak other languages, and sometimes I will post in Spanish, Catalan, or German, or other languages I can learn in the future (I hope to learn at least one more). If I do so is mainly because the post is addressed to some specific target and I think it will fit better in that language.

I will probably post some milestones achieved in my career, so like a diary. They will not be each month but one of those I hope will be the next week. So I hope to write next week a new post.

                                                                                                                                                                 

Bioinformatic: For those who don't know what bioinformatics is, it's defined as using computers to better understand biology. (As always the page on wikipedia can help, to get a brief introduction.)
Github: A platform to share code it can be found here, there are also other available: Sourceforge, and GoogleCode. They provide also tools to collaborate and merge code from different authors.

Popular posts from this blog